How to stay cool in the Gainesville summer heat!
Top 10 Ways to Stay Cool in the
Gainesville Summer Heat
1. Depot Park Splash Grotto: Inspired by the underwater caverns in Central Florida, this custom structure is fun for all ages. With waterfalls, ground jets, water cannons and hidden fossils, the blue grotto is the perfect spot for children and adults to play.
2. Gainesville City Pools (3 fantastic pools!): http://www.cityofgainesville.org/ParksRecreationCulturalAffairs/Sports,AquaticsFitness/Aquatics/Pools.aspx
3. Stay inside and bowl or roller skate:
4. Trampoline Park (indoors and lots of AC):
5. Indoor Rock Climbing and playgrounds:
6. Float down the Ichetucknee Springs
7. Visit a Museum:
Cade Museum of Creativity and Invention: https://www.cademuseum.org/
Harn Museum of Art: http://www.harn.ufl.edu/
Florida Museum of Natural History: https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/
8. Get creative!
Create Jewelry: http://www.beadallaboutit.net/
9. Play Board Games
10. Challenge yourself in an escape room: